Thursday, February 18, 2010

What Were They Thinking? (Part 1 - The Priest)

An interview with the negative characters in the story of the "Good Samaritan."
Luke 10:25-37

The Priest came by.
I've often wondered why the priest just passed by. The other day, I had the grand opportunity to meet this priest. I asked him, "Why on earth did you pass by and not help this man?"

He replied, "I am a priest, and I just completed my long tour of duty at the temple. I was ministering to lots of people who had problems. I had worked myself to complete exhaustion. I was burnt out. At first, I didn't even see him. When I did, there was no compassion left in my heart to stir. He was just another one of the hurting people I had been ministering to for months. You know, Jesus turned people away. He didn't heal everyone he could have healed. You have to draw the line somewhere, and I was done."

"God, I'm tired. I have been giving out and giving out, and I have nothing left to give. I'm exhausted; I'm tired, and I just can't do anything else. And now, here's another hurting person. God, I can't do it. I don't care anymore. I'm burnt out. Please bring someone else to help this man."

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics