Sunday, September 20, 2009

On a Rock Near the Top of the World (Travelogue 09/16-18/09, Day 2)

I slept in (which contributes to a non-thinking day), and did not rush to get ready. Took care of some small business (completing Tuesday's project). Then I went to Cooper's Rock State Park. Kisners recommended it to me when I told them I was looking for a place I could be alone and have a great view. Cooper's Rock is a place where I could spent a lot of time. For those of you familiar with Red River Gorge, think taller, less cliffy, and a whole lot more huge granite rocks. The main overlook was way too populated for me. The social PR side of me is still too close at hand, and I had conversations with about 8 people before I went to a different trail. So, packing the essentials (such as a laptop and cell phone), I headed to Raven's Rock. I had to hike almost 2 miles to get away from people, but it was definitely worth it. The view was great, and the solitude was superb. It would be something like Battleship rock at Natural Bridge, but again, much higher. I could see for miles and miles. I spent several hours there, and enjoyed it very much.
This evening, I had dinner with Kisners, then a meeting (did I mention I have a tendency to do this wherever I go?). It had been nice, and (for the most part) real, vacation. I am not yet fully recovered, but we're making progress.


What on earth does "spect" mean?
I suspect a prospect, and therefore expect respect and inspect one aspect. Perhaps I'm too introspective?
Why don't we conspect, unispect, omnispect, prespect, postspect, unspect and despect?
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/specio#Verb

"Hugh, why do you hew with an axe of that hue?"
"I knew gnu weren't new."

Editor's note: This is an incomplete version of this blog.

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics