Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In The Image of His Holiness

I was struck with a new thought tonight. Often, I view God's work too small. I still think like a native, instead of the alien that I am. God should be involved in so much more than we often think.

Perhaps God was asking me to consider this tonight --
God is holy. I have been redeemed though the blood of His Son, and He has called me to be holy. I know that my life is to reflect God's holiness.

"Just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."" 1 Peter 1:15-16
By this I understand that my actions should reflect the image of His holiness. But am I thinking too small?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." 1 Corinthians 6:19

By this I understand that it's even bigger than that. My spirit, my attitudes, my life, my actions, the way I live, the way I talk should all reflect the image of His holiness.
"To look at the Temple was to direct one to God. The symmetry, beauty, and purity of the Temple is to represent God." - Selected
But am I thinking too small?

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
It's huge! Everything I do should reflect the image of God's holiness.
What if my room is to reflect the image of God's holiness? What would that look like?
What if my office was to reflect the image of God's holiness? What would that look like?
What if the way I dress was to reflect the image of God's holiness? What would that look like?
What if my notebooks were to reflect the image of God's holiness? What would that look like?
What if my car was to reflect the image of God's holiness? What would that look like?

I had never thought about some of these little areas of my life before. Should they be object lessons that point to a holy God? It was the thought of my car that struck me tonight. My car should reflect the image of God's holiness? Wow, time to make some changes!

"Lord, may I reflect the image of Your holiness. Help me to understand that every part of my life -- large or small -- has been touched by your Holy Spirit, and should represent you. Continue to teach me how to reflect the image of your holiness. Help me to be a little picture of a great big God. Amen."

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics