Monday, September 21, 2009

The Drive Down Home (Travelogue 09/16-18/09, Day 3)

09/18/09
I slept in, partly to recoup more of Tuesday night's lost time, and partly to continue restoring rest to my mind and body. Made short work of preparing for the day, and was presently on my way. I chose to travel a new route. A rumor that the route was shorter accompanied an adventurous and exploring whim. The rumor proved quite false, adding about 30 minutes to travel the same distance. But the whim was well-satisfied. The route proved to be very lovely and inspiring. My only real regret is that I had no camera, for often I wished one.

The day was pleasant enough for travel, but as I descended from the cool altitudes, the beading sweat encouraged me to close my window and switch to A/C. The first 2 quarters of the trip were spent relatively quietly, without music or audio book, and the only conversation being with myself (naturally) and with God (graciously).
Following, I began The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, a book which promises to be very good, inspiring, and thought-provoking. It requires attention and repose for thought, and thus makes an excellent book for travel. I may wish to have it in hard copy for the purpose of real study.
Alternating, I took in some mysteries by GK Chesterton, finishing "The Innocence of Father Brown," of which I will write shortly.

And so it was that I came safely back to my home.


Editor's Note: This is an incomplete version of this blog.

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics