Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't Think and Drive (7)

...Notes from my travels

According to the service log, it took the professional decorating crew 14 minutes to deliver 1 folding chair to my booth.

I visited the fastest restaurant I've ever seen. My food was delivered to me, hot and ready, before I had finished paying for my order. :)
(It was expensive enough to merit good service.)


Sometimes hotels just don't make sense to me:

They have a grand piano in the second floor of the lobby. It has a big sign that says, "Do not play the piano." According to one great philosopher, to prohibit the very purpose for which a thing was created is the greatest offense.

"Please refrain from placing your shoes, feet, or other body parts on the furniture."
-- Apparently, you are expected to levitate above the furniture. (since when are shoes considered body parts?)

"The hotel has a wide array of amenity baskets and gifts, which may be purchased upon request."
-- And since when do you have to buy hotel amenities and gifts?


I have learned:
After 8 hours of continuous usage, certain display lights begin to melt.


I went into the dock area to find an old cardboard box to stand on (concrete floors are painful). As I began to analyze the contents of the trash bins, I saw an official-looking person coming my way. Thinking he was security, I approached him to explain what I was doing. As we neared each other, he said, "we're just doing a lighting audit. I had to recount a couple times because I keep losing my place." It was then I realized he was explaining his own actions to me because he thought I was security.


Sign spotted at a restaurant:
"Parents -- socks must be worn in the playplace."
-- What about kids? Do they have to wear socks too?

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics