Friday, January 1, 2010

Who Would Have Thought? 2009->2010

"I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me." - Philippians 3:12

As I think back over this year, I'm amazed at what has happened in the lives of my friends. Who would have thought?
Who would have thought at this point last year ...?

-That unanticipated move, redefining both life and home. Who would have thought?
-Life would fall apart this year, and have to be put back together piece by piece. Who would have thought?
-The loss of a loved one, and life will never be the same. Who would have thought?
-The job change, unforseen 12 months ago. Who would have thought?
-The honors and awards, visible results of hard work and good character, which led to more major life changes. Who would have thought?
-So many, making choices they do not fully understand, have seen their lives transformed. I know many who, following God's leading to Bible College this year, have found that by their obedience, God has done a work in them they never could have imagined! Who would have thought?
-That "special someone" and a new relationship. Who would have thought?
-Making those friends and meeting those people who have changed your life. Who would have thought?
-Making those choices which influenced others, and their lives have been changed. Who would have thought?
-The flutter of new life, bringing a child into the world; life changed forever. Who would have thought?

Friends, we have no idea what will happen in 2010. Some of us may face great pain and hardships. Some of us may experience life's greatest joys and blessings. But we are here; this is our life. This is the only one we get. Let's make it the best we possibly can!

In this New Year, I am resolutely determined to serve my Lord Jesus Christ. I do not know what I may face, but this I have decided. No matter what comes -whether I understand or not- I will serve the Lord.

This year, I want to know God better. I wish to become more like Him. I want to learn, "sitting at the feet of Jesus." And I would love to be a part of advancing the Kingdom of Christ, and helping others come to know my savior! My sincere desire is to be a part of young people finding a deep hunger and relationship with God that spills out into a lifetime of dedicated service and love.

The New Year 2010:
"I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me."
Philippians 3:12 NKJV


“The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.”
-G.K. Chesterton

“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.”
-Bill Vaughn

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics