Saturday, January 23, 2010

In Training

10/20/2008
I am learning, painstakingly and elementarily, to obey immediately the first gentle correction of the Holy Spirit. It is a tediously slow and humiliating task, not altogether unlike foreign language drill. The will must be trained to obey my Lord's calls without thinking, for my Lord does not argue once I start to rationalize. I feel like a young child. I know the boundaries. Reach and spank. Reach and spank. Reach and am corrected by "the eye."

These do not feel like spiritual battles. They feel like drill. Yet these may be some of the hardest battles I fight, for they are the very question of whether I will obey my Lord or not. Like a horse in training whose own will must break, around again we go with word, with reign, with whip. I am finally choosing to obey and learn. I pray my obedience will become first nature.


I found these thoughts interesting in light of the challenge I posted recently.
http://dlorimer.blogspot.com/2010/01/under-control-of-holy-spirit.html

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics