Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Don't Think and Drive (9)

Fall Break at KMBC:
Youth Challenge went great! I think this was one of the best years for me personally.
To all my friends who were there -- It was great to see you again!!
Along with 3 days there, today was a optometrist (eye doctor) appointment, which added a bit more excitement.

On the serious side:
"Microwave Altars" really bother me. If someone comes to the altar, and doesn't get help by the time we've finished the closing prayer, something didn't work. It's time to get up and go anyway. I've seen altar workers push people through a litany, like everyone has to fit situation #14 in the altar workers' handbook, or "it's just emotion." Why can't we work with people in a way that gives them time to let God really deal with them, instead of just rushing through prayers?
If you say, "we don't encourage that," I will reply. #1, I watch it encouraged all the time, intentional or not. #2, that is already the social expectation that we have created. We'll have to work to change it. When you microwave, you run the risk of it getting soft and soggy. Let's try Sonbaking!


Some funny things:

Shushan: *shock* "David is wearing a bracelet!"

Shushan: "There's a dog driving that car!"
Me: "What!?"
Shushan: "He's sitting in the driver's seat." *calming down* "Well, he's sitting in the driver's lap, but still, he shouldn't be there!"
Me: "It's probably his seeing-eye dog."

Now here is a walking motion disaster --
A tight straight jean skirt with 5 inch heel knee-boots! (Talk about "can't walk"! Lol)


So, I'm driving along today, and suddenly see a pair of sunglasses reflected in my window. I've owned this car for 8 months, and never saw those things! I guess they came free with the car. :)

Have you ever wondered why they have you pick out new frames - your new "look" for the next couple years - while your eyes are dilated, and you really can't see?

Speaking of which, I decided today that these "auto-drive" features on cars would be a great idea. After the dilation didn't wear off anywhere close to as fast as they said it would, I would have preferred for a computer to be driving my car! (for clarification, they have now begun to return to normal - over 7 hours later)
See
http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/27/gm-will-launch-self-driving-car-in-2008/

Today, my car read "Oil Pressure, 2psi. NORMAL" -- That doesn't seem very normal to me! LOL

"I prefer to run eastward marathons. Whenever I run westward, everything starts going wrong. It seems as though the whole world is turning against me!"
- Marathon runner Iván Buddíndenwin

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics