Sunday, August 16, 2009

Principles for Music

Principles for Music / Media
notes from Aldersgate Music Class
Led by Sam Mokoli and David Lorimer

1. What do the lyrics say?
2. Do the lyrics glorify God?
3. What is the real message of the song?
4. Is the message true?
5. Can I worship God while listening to this music?
6. What does this teach me?
7. What does this teach me about God?
8. How does it use the name of Jesus/God?
9. Does this music control me?
10. How does my spirit respond when I listen to this music?
11. What does this song promote? What does this song glorify?
12. What does the Bible say about music?
13. Does this make me want to be more like God?
14. Would God like it?


These are in no particular order. This is the point summary of the lessons and discussions we had during the class. Aldersgate campers -- We had a great time and enjoyed being with you all. Hope you have a great year!

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics