Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God is Faithful

I have been granted over the course of the last few weeks to see the faithfulness of God reaching across timespans and touching so many lives.
I have heard so many stories that cannot be explained.  They don't make any sense to me in my humanness.  They don't make much logical sense.  All I know upon hearing them is that God is faithful.

How is it that in the face of general ignorance, and a world of opposition that a family, though separated from each other, can come through serving God?
How is it that someone, without being a radical "Jesus Freak," can avoid the pressures and expectations of the world, and find their greatest joy studying God's Word?
How is it that one who has turned away from God can ever be redeemed and restored?
How is it that a love and desire for God is instilled?

How is it that any of my family is redeemed?

How is it that someone, after 25 years, can suddenly understand where they have been wrong and find the grace to humbly seek deliverance and restoration?
How is it that one who has lived so close to sin for so many years can come through still shining and serving God?
How is it that God can take a life, full of errors and bitterness, and yet bring such results of goodness and beauty?
How is it that God can keep a person close to Himself, even when they are not fully walking with Him?
How is it that God protects one and keeps them from straying too far, when they are not actively seeking Him?
How is it that a love and desire for God is instilled?
How is it that anyone is redeemed?

God is faithful.  I have seen His hand working.  I have heard story after story of His faithfulness.  I have spent hour after hour marveling, and trying to make sense of all that I have seen and heard.  All I know, held in fathomless wonder, is that God is faithful.

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics