Friday, July 1, 2011

Don't Think and Drive (15)

Random and funny things observed while traveling.

Southern Trip Edition


When I was on trio, we stayed in "camp accommodations". You know, a sweaty-smelling room with humidity way too high, no air conditioning, with 14 other guys who have vowed not to sleep? And the shower you get to use is a concrete bunker with no windows and nobody bothered to change the light bulb, with cracks in the wall so large you can see through them, and 2 inches of standing black water in the bottom? (You think I'm exaggerating - ask me about some stories!)


Well, guess what the ADULTS stay in!? I am apparently old enough now to be an adult. I had a double-bed, A/C, and a private bath at most of the camps I went to!! Check out the best one:




One camp I went to had a resident peacock. I didn't know these things can fly, often hang out in trees, and crow ...!



Road Names are always interesting. But you don't have to be a genius to name a street. Here's some I spotted:

"Cross St"

"Minor Rd"

"Frontage Rd"


What's the next ones? "Narrow Rd" and "City St"? LOL




I just love the Signs you see along the roads:


"Caution: School". No kidding!


"Wi-Fi Hot Tub" - this I've got to see!


"Clay Building Supply" - convenient last name :)


"To Future 26-W" -- We only had enough money for the sign, lol. Go ahead, take the exit. Right now, you launch of a bridge that's yet to be completed, but in a couple years, we'll have that fixed!


Ok, seriously - a hotel sign that says "Clean and Nice Folks"? That's what I look for in a hotel.


"Horseback Riding Zip Lines" - sign me up! This sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! LOL


"Camping -- Next Right" - in light of recent events, I found this extremely comical. (For those of you who are wondering, Mr. Camping predicted the world was going to end, and was wrong. He predicted again ...)


"New Steak Menu!" - They discovered that old steaks don't sell well.




Billboards:


"Go to church or the devil will get you" - Sorry guys, but I had to laugh. On a billboard? For adults?


"Heavy Traffic Can Be Such a Blessing ..." (Unfortunately for the advertiser, the trees had grown so tall no one could read the next line ...)


"World's Largest Sheet Sets" -- huh? Unfortunately no one makes beds this size. :( (I believe this was a problem of placement on the sign. I think World's Largest was supposed to go with "As Seen on TV", but well, they put it iin the wrong place.)


"Sweet Local Peaches" - Spent the next 3 minutes trying to figure out if this was advertising a dating service ...




Churches:


"Kodak UMC" - Come experience a God-Moment! ... I mean a Kodak-Moment ...


"The Church" - Yup, that was their name. Says it all.





Ok, I thought this hilarious! "Department of Mental Retardation" Please call if you would like to become more retarded ...

I thought this department was housed in DC!



Just compare the "Uses Most Energy" rating with the "This model uses: "



1) They found it necessary to explain "qualified person".


2) "Failure to follow these instructions can result in death or explosion." Yeah, a friend of mine tried to service his own water heater. He must have done something wrong. He exploded.




P.S. Sorry I don't have pictures for all these signs, but I hear it's quite dangerous to take pictures while trying to drive ;)

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics