Monday, June 21, 2010

Vacation Update

Hey everybody! In case you weren't aware, I've been on vacation the last week and a half (and also away from facebook). Just wanted to give a short update on vacation.

Went to both Illinois and Iowa; saw both sides of the family. I enjoyed seeing everybody again. And, as always, understanding more of my roots, and realizing why I never had a chance at being normal, lol.

The Mundane:
Kept up with my Masters schoolwork during vacation. Class requirements don't quit! You know it's harder to concentrate on school when the rest of the day is vacation? I'm glad to be done with the one module though - I was developing linear programming tables in my sleep!

The Funny:
So, we stopped at a restaurant on the way back. Shortly after placing our order, the waitress came to the table with a tray full of glasses of water and asked "who all ordered the milkshakes?" When I said I did, she promptly handed me a glass of water and went on her way! LOL

The Games:
We played a bunch of computer games, which was a lot of fun. We don't often have time to do that anymore. It has been said that the Lorimers create a network wherever they go, but this trip took that to a new level. So, we, er, had a wireless access point running off a power inverter and created a mobile wireless network that both cars could connect to. Yup, we played games over a wireless connection while traveling down the road! (Hey, you've got to kill 12 hours somehow.)

The Spiritual:
Enjoyed being back at Knoxville Nazarene Church again. Lots friends and family. Especially enjoyed the Iowa Holiness Camp service Sunday night. Powerful and dynamic message and stories. Heard the truth of God's word. Lots of friends there too, and I enjoyed seeing/visiting with you all!

The Family:
I really appreciate my family. I realize more and more the spiritual heritage, culture, and values that have been instilled in me through the investment of family. It means a lot, and I am very appreciative. Thank you all.

The Work:
Just kidding! I've been accused of "just working harder on something else" when I take a vacation (ok, ok, it's true). But I actually did take a break and get a vacation this trip! Helped out a bit around the farm, of course. (Helped take down a patch of marijuana - that was new) :-) Overall, it was a good break.

No comments:

Site Meter

Google Analytics