Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't Think and Drive (11)

You know there's not much cell service in the area when you see a sign like this:
"Signal Ahead - 2 miles"!

So there's this big billboard that says "Sign Available"
I really wanted to call the number and say, "Yes, I'd like a miracle please ..."
(An evil and adultrous generation asks for a sign, you know.)

I drove past a sign that said "Football Parking". Apparently the basketballs and volleyballs must park elsewhere.

The Mohican Climbing Course had an interesting challenge. They had one climbing tower with challenging footholds. This was for the beginner climber, apparently. The other climbing tower had only bare wood! Good luck! (Yes, I know what it is.)

You know it's a big Walmart when they hand out maps at the front door ...!



A lyrical description of my trip. Keep in mind that I was always traveling further North.
From snow to sun
and sun to snow
and on through hurricane
a-traveling I go.

To inches; to piles; to dark blowing snow
then suddenly a sunny barren brownness.
a-traveling I go.

I sit in clear weather, bathed with sun
while events are cancelled from poor weather.
a-traveling I go.

Then I asssault, with my four wheels
those same wintered roads
Going where other men dare not drive
lest, greeted by danger, they do not arrive.
a-traveling I go.

Then finally, with a new band of friends
not in a car, but an intertube
down a snowy hill I fly,
"I love winter; I love snow, and I love sledding too," I cry!
a-traveling I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are all these things you encountered on your trip?

Site Meter

Google Analytics